Skip to Content
Mitchell & West, LLC Mitchell & West, LLC
Call Today For Personalized Legal Solutions 305-783-3301

Protecting Your Rights Through a Personalized Approach

Learn More About Mitchell & West
man on the phone with an insurance adjuster

Reports after a crash can serve a valuable purpose when pursuing compensation. However, several issues can arise in the process, including the other party lying about what happened and where negligence may lie in a crash. In these situations, it’s important to know what happens and how to get past this type of problem.

Legal Ramifications of Lying About a Car Accident

If you believe the other driver is at fault for a car accident, it’s important to recognize if they are lying when reporting the crash. They may try to lie about what they were doing and how they could have caused the accident. However, it’s illegal for someone to lie on an accident report and this party may face criminal charges.

It can seem difficult to press charges without showing proof beyond a reasonable doubt. For your own peace of mind, it’s best to protect yourself clearly and pursue compensation in a favorable manner.

Filing a Claim Despite the Lie

Someone else lying on a police report only heightens the need to have strong legal representation during complex matters. A lawyer can help you use evidence to strengthen your claim and show that, despite the other person’s fabricated stories, you suffered injuries because of the at-fault party’s negligent actions.

Because you cannot rely on the other driver to tell the truth, you must take crucial steps to protect yourself after a crash. This means ensuring you report the crash accurately, taking photos of evidence, getting medical treatment, and speaking with a lawyer.

Throughout the process, it helps to have a Miami car accident attorney who can help you understand your rights and prove when another party is lying about what’s happening. At Mitchell & West, LLC, we put you first. We’ll go above and beyond to protect your rights and pursue the maximum compensation you may recover.

If you need to discuss your case, call our firm today at (305) 783-3301.

Share To: