Skip to Content
Mitchell & West, LLC Mitchell & West, LLC
Call Today For Personalized Legal Solutions 305-783-3301

Protecting Your Rights Through a Personalized Approach

Learn More About Mitchell & West

Many marriages fail and result in divorce, while others are simply not valid in the eyes of the law. When this happens, an annulment must take place as opposed to a divorce. An annulment erases the marriage from existence entirely, while a divorce indicates a legal marriage once took place but is no longer current. While you may feel as though you wish to entirely eradicate your previous marital status from ever having occurred, an annulment is only valid in very specific instances. Our Miami family lawyers of Mitchell & West LLC will help you determine whether an annulment is the right course of action for you and your particular situation.

The following are cases in which an annulment is possible in the state of Florida:

  • Either party is married to more than one person
  • The couple is closely related by blood or marriage
  • Either party was underage at the time of marriage and did not have parental or guardianship consent
  • Either party was mentally incapacitated, under the influence, or suffering from mental illness at the time of marriage and thus unable to enter into it of sound mind
  • Either party tricked the other into marriage through fraudulent acts or misrepresentations

Other examples of an invalid marriage include either party being forced or coerced into the union, either party failing disclose impotency, or either party entering into the marriage as a joke.

Contact Our Experienced & Skilled Miami Family Law Attorneys Today

At Mitchell & West LLC, we believe in doing everything possible to fight for our clients’ rights to a successful outcome. Regardless of how challenging your particular situation may be, you are not alone when you have one of our trusted Miami family lawyers on your side. Allow us to advocate for you.

If you would like to speak to a member of our firm, you may do so by calling (305) 783-3301.

Share To: